If you encounter any technical difficulties while installing or using the game, please follow the instructions below to identify the cause of the problem. You may be able to solve it yourself. Otherwise you can address our support team via support(at)vidaentertainment.com.
1. Check the system requirements
"The Tomb of Moses" has certain hardware and operating system requirements. Please check whether your system meets these requirements:
- PC running Windows® 98 SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista
- 1 GHz or higher
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB recommended)
- 500 MB hard drive space for the installation
- Following installation, a further 600 MB hard drive space for virtual memory
If you have installed the game successfully, the DirectX Diagnostic Tool may help you to check your hardware (see paragraph 2).
If the installation fails, the problem is probably insufficient hard drive space or Windows incompatibility.
2. Run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
If you have installed the game successfully but encounter problems launching or playing it, please check your configuration using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool which is installed on your hard drive alongside the game.
To launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click Start, click Run, type "dxdiag" in the Open box and then click OK. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool dialog box will then open.
The first tab provides information about your computer system and specifies the version of DirectX installed on your computer. This may help you to verify that your computer meets the system requirements for "The Tomb of Moses".
The tabs that follow allow you to check the display, sound, music, input and network features of your computer and offer help with troubleshooting.
If the DirectX Diagnostic Tool detects a problem, your computer is probably not 3D/DirectX-compatible or not configured properly. Another common cause of problems is outdated video card drivers (see below).
3. Update your video card driver
Some video cards cannot handle new games properly using their original drivers. However, video card manufacturers regularly update their drivers in line with the latest technical developments. This means that many problems can be solved by updating the video card driver.
The DirectX Diagnostic Tool helps you to find out which manufacturer produced your video card and what its correct name is. You can then use an internet search engine to find and download the latest driver for your card. Finally, you need to install the new driver using the Windows Device Manager. Select your video card in the hardware list and click on the Update button on the Driver tab in order to select the downloaded (and unzipped) new driver files.
4. Run the game in Windows Compatibility Mode
If you encounter problems launching the game in older Windows versions even if your computer meets the system requirements, please proceed as follows:
- Right click on the file "main.exe" in the installation folder of "The Tomb of Moses" and select Properties from the right click menu.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the check box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
- Select your Windows version from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply then OK and attempt to launch the game again.
It may be worth trying Windows versions other than yours.